Friday, August 16, 2013

Art Room Finalized!!

Last school year when I came to TGP my classroom was a hot mess, it had been used as a storage room for old furniture once the pervious art teacher had left.  There were art projects, materials, and their storage containers that were older than most of our kindergarteners.  After a much needed scrub down and a whirlwind of a first year, I was able to work over the summer and set up a classroom that would (I think) better suit the students and myself.

There it is! An actual ART Room! 
The elements of art are painted along the wall above the windows.  The principles of design are posted above the SMART board.  The table legs are all painted for table groups. All classroom management posters (rules, expectations, guidelines, etc.) are posted. And there is a student center in the far left corner of the room (for indoor recess and early finishers).  Okay, 2013-2014 school year I am ready for you!
Multiple Views of the room.
Look at the purple and yellow tables!
Those are such great colors!

My door way.  This part still needs a little more work...
More to come after the first week of school!

 The ART Room is done.
(for the most part) 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Landgraf! I am a fellow visual art teacher (in Maryland) but I teach high school art instead of elemiddle Art the way you do. Also, my husband is also one of your new Instructional Lead Teachers and the way I found your blog was by way of the Thomas Pullen homepage. I don't remember if I met you or your colleague on the day when I visited Pullen before most of the faculty and all of the students had arrived but I just wanted to say Hi and I hope your school year is going well. I keep up my own visual art education blog and if you don't mind, I would love to link yours from it. Take care and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out our school blog and I hoping to stay more up to date with it this year. I would really appreciate it if you linked my blog with yours! The more people that can see all the wonderful things the students are doing, the better! Thanks again and hope you are enjoying the new school year.

      Delete