Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Elementary Comic Book Club

Learning a new style of art!

During these past two years at Pullen I have seen so many students come through my classroom doors ready and excited to learn a new concept or technique.  Of course paint is and will always be a top contender in favorite topics and materials, but it wasn't until I tried a mini lesson with my fifth grade classes that I saw where most of their interests lied.  
COMICS!

The fifth grade classes loved the mini lesson so much, that I thought why not turn this into a club where students who have a lot of interest in this particular topic can come to learn and create!

Over the past 4-5 sessions that students have learned to draw in the style of Manga.  
They have learned how to draw different styles of eyes, noses, mouths, hair, and body types.  All of these little units have helped them to begin developing their own original character that will star in it very own comic strip!

Continue to follow our progress online as our ideas become finalized and our characters stories are told.




No comments:

Post a Comment