Thursday, June 27, 2013

Needless to say this past year I have slacked on updating and posting on my class blog.  However, I feel that I have finally gotten to a point where I have settled into my classroom and school and I am now able to begin writing on this blog again! Yay!!!

With the school year at an end I have had time to try and make my classroom more of my own space.  
I spent the first 2 weeks of my summer vacation painting my classroom to make it look more like an Art Room.  

The art teacher that preceded me in my classroom made a very lovely mural on the wall. However, it just wasn't my style...I tend to like more color in my artwork.

The previous teacher's design.  Art in different languages.
It took about 6 days of priming, drawing, and painting to complete my designs but I am happy with how it looks.
My mom and I worked very hard to get this done; we even had a few chances for photo ops.
There I am standing on a ladder, working hard to outline my letters.

Done!!! Finished!!! Thank Goodness!!!
THANKS MOM, for all your help!  Couldn't have done this as quickly without you! I am very happy with this new wall in my room and can't wait to make more changes to this room so it is a better fit my students and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment